ASSEMBLY REFERENCE SKETCH
Finding the Ideal Location: Locate the Power Unit in an area where it is protected from freezing. Before installation, assure that there is sufficient height 84" (2.1m), electrical power (20 amp. [15 amp. CDN.] 120 VAC), hot and cold water as well as a sanitary drain. Allow access to service and change debris screen.
Click to Enlarge
Mounting Board: (included in shipping box) should be firmly attached to the wall. From the top center of the Mounting Boards allow 10” (460 mm) on each side and 67" (1700mm) down to the drain.
Exhaust: Insert the 90-degree street ell with metal end (included) in Power Unit vacuum motor exhaust. The exhaust air should be vented to the outside using as direct a route as possible.
Drain to Sanitary Sewer: The Power Unit should be drained into a 2" DWV Stand Pipe connected via a P-trap to the sanitary sewer. Using Teflon tape or sealant on threads, thread the 1-1/2" ABS adapter into the bottom of the Power Unit. (Do Not Over Tighten)
Flapper Valve: Mount the flapper (Check) valve at a 45-degree angle toward the wall using the 1-1/2” 45 degree spigot elbow provided. Connect via another 1-1/2” 45 degree elbow to a 12" (300mm) piece of 1-1/2" DWV pipe extending down inside the 2"DWV Stand Pipe. Allow the Waste Tank to drop 6" (150mm) to service waste tank debris screen.
WATER SPRAY SOLENOID: (Located on left side of Power Unit) Connect to cold water faucet using fittings and 1/4"ID hose supplied. Unit is equipped with Watts N388 Anti-Siphon Vacuum Breaker.
ADJUSTING the WATER SPRAY: The Volume of Cold Water sprayed into the Waste tank can be adjusted by the turning the handle of the needle valve located below the Solenoid clockwise to decrease flow. By lowering the waste tank and starting the Power Unit the flow can be metered by placing a 4 cup (1 l.) measure under the cone to catch the water. Adjust to receive 9 cups (2 l.) per minute.
In-Wall Vacuum Inlets and Water Outlets
Vacuum Inlet - Use 2” O.D. PVC Vacuum Tubing and Fittings.
• Nail or screw mounting plate (PA131 or for 2”x3” walls PA132) to stud,
preferably at same height as the electrical plugs. • Glue (using PVC glue) a Short 90degree elbow (PA089) to the mounting plate (elbow pointing down).
• For under-floor trunk line glue vacuum tubing (PA046) into elbow and extend through floor plate to trunk line.
• For overhead trunk line glue (2) 90-degree sweep spigot elbows (PA092) into each other then into short 90 degree elbow on the mounting plate. Extend tubing up through top plate to trunk line.
18/2 or 20/2 low voltage control wire.
• Run wire through upper opening on the mounting plate and attach to the vacuum tubing with tie straps. Splice wires at Vacuum Tee or home run each line.
• Assemble the Water Outlet by gluing quick disconnect to the back of the mounting plate. Note: direct the elbow on the quick disconnect up for trunk lines under the floor and down for overhead trunk lines. This allows for the tubing to be looped to allow for later servicing of the quick disconnect.
• Connect the water line to the fitting on the back of the quick disconnect and secure water line to vacuum tubing or stud leaving the loop free to move.